I really need to be better about updating here. I just haven't been much in the mood to write.
I worked from home today because I was feeling monstrously ill when I woke up. As a result, the monkey stayed home with me. I've caught myself looking at him many times today and just watching his movements and reactions. He is SUCH a little boy now. Most of the last vestiges of babyhood are gone, relegated to nostalgic memories. Part of me really does want to keep him little and young. He's so beautiful and innocent and untouched by the ugliness the world has to offer. All I can do is keep enjoying each moment while it's happening.
Speaking of sweet moments, a week or so ago, I had him in bed with me because he was having a bad night. He scooted over to be on my pillow with me and framed my face with his little hands and said "love you mommy", before he drifted off to sleep.
I am also alternately amused and irritated by his tendency to grab me from behind, stick his head between my legs and pretend he's giving me a piggyback ride. It's so cute and silly and so annoying at the same time. I'll have to break him of that before I get too big, or he'll knock me off balance.
I can't wait to see how he is with the baby. He LOVES babies and doesn't get jealous when I'm playing with other kids. I think he'll be an amazing and loving big brother. I'll just ned to be very aware about making sure that I'm giving him lots of love and attention so he doesn't feel displaced.
This parenting thing is always a constant adventure.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cute memories! We are so happy that you are pregnant and can't wait to see the new baby. I bet he will do so well with the baby, but I think you will have to be careful of all of his energy. Post new pictures soon!
Parenting is an adventure isn't it? Taegan loves to explore and get into everything!! But, she is the funnest little thing in the world.
Post a Comment