Monday, March 3, 2008

Oops!

I guess it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. My bad ;)

I've been thinking lately about how lucky I am. I have a gorgeous son who is healthy and ridiculously smart. in fact, he's so smart, it scares me to death. Tonight I caught him standing on the stove tyring to get into the cupboard where we keep the peanut butter. Ahh life is an adventure.

I have a wonderful, loving husband who I am falling in love with all over again. We may have our struggles and our difficulties, but it makes me happy to know that he is just as committed as I am to working things out, leaving the bad stuff behind and moving forward. I love him so much and I feel so blessed and so grateful that we are growing together so well. Each day we are stronger and more stable and I know I have my foundation.

I have an incredible family that so many others would kill to have. Ok. there are many who would just kill you all (just kidding!), but many who would kill to have the close-knit tightness we have. So many times over the years it would have been so easy to just give up, to go tumbling over that edge and not look back - but I couldn't because I had all of you and I am so thankful for that. Without you, I wouldn't be who I am - even if who I am is someone different than you expected.

I have a great job where I am finally being recognized and encouraged and challenged to stretch myself. I might not always be the best, or the most reliable - which happens when I get bored, but I am finally somewhere that matches with my desire, abilities and quirks.

So, all around, I feel really good about life, and things, and love. It feels so good to say I don't really have anything I can complain about. It feels good to feel so positive and happy and content. I think I'm going to work on keeping this feeling around for a good long while.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am so happy for you that you guys are able to work things out. Marriage is rough and hard work, but is it so worth it to get through the hard times and work together. We love you guys!