Camille was born on December 29 at 1:11 pm. I was in labor for a little over 2 1/2 hours. I would have had her at home if I had fiddle-farted around any longer. We checked into the hospital at 12:10 and she was born an hour later. I couldn't believe how fast it all went, compared with how long Sebastian took to get here. Of course, considering that she was 2 days late, maybe she just decided that once it was time to come, it was time to come. She was 7 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long.
20 minutes old

Going home
tranquilizers
Angel

Smiles - 2/21/2009

Today we had her 2 month check up. I can't believe how quickly it's all gone by. The last few months of pregnancy dragged on forever and I thought it was never going to end. All fo a sudden, I have a 2 month old infant and not a newborn. She is such an unbelievable joy. Anyway, here are all the particulars:
She weighed in at 10 lbs 6 oz, 23 inches long and her head is now 39.5 cm. She has gained 3 pounds and 3 inches since she was born. She is in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for weight. Her head is in the 75th percentile for her height and weight proportion.
She is perfect, developmentally She smiles and giggles and gurgles at us. She's holding her head more and more steady every day.She eats like a horse and is generally just an awesome, sweet baby. Her disposition is very similar to what Sebastian's was at this point. This could bode well, or ill, depending on how you look at it ;) hahaha
Sebastian loves his little sister, although the other day he told me he doesn't like her anymore. Shortly after, he was hugging and kissing her and telling her how much he loves her. Ah siblings. It's so interesting to watch him interact with her.
She got 3 shots today and has been a cranky grumpy baby. *sigh* She is finally asleep and I, for once, am exhausted and ready for bed before midnight. So, once I finish watching BG, I will be heading to bed and to sleep. My hormones are seriously out of whack. I wouldn't say I have post partum depression, but I am noticing that I am MUCH more sensitive and tender - quicker to anger, super teary a lot of the time - usually for no reason, and completely drained of all energy most of the time. I will be talking to my midwife about this when I go in on Wednesday for my IUD placement.
There you go. Super exciting, right?



8 comments:
She is so adorable! I'm sorry that I haven't sent you the pictures I took yet. I need to. I can't believe she is already 2 months old! That's crazy. It goes by so fast. Hopefully the hormones will start to let up and you will be able to feel normal soon. Maybe getting out of the house tonight will help! LOL
What a stinkin cutie man. They grow up so fast. They are so much fun, but I'm having a hard time talking myself into starting over. :)
Aww thanks, guys. Ange - pictures would be aweosme. Speaking of - kris! When are you going to send me the first day pictures of Sebastian? LOL
And yeah I know what you mean about starting over. It's certainly been a lesson, that's for sure.
Trace... Camile is so beautiful! And I absolutely LOVE her name!!! Congrats!
Thanks Nancy. You know what I learned about it? I had named her after great-grandma Camille, Grandma Beryl's mother. I've always loved the name Camille and thought it would be an awesome homage. Mom told me a couple of months before she was born that they had found out - possibly from Auntie Imo - that Camille's name was really Amelia. She hated the name Amelia and changed it to Camille. I just thought that was so funny. And how great that my Camille will have this fun story to go with her name. :)
Soooo sweet! I love her hair! Cute baby!!
What a little beauty! I can't wait to see her in person!
I'd love to get together, especially to see that sweet baby. Let me know what you decide...we can pretty much do anytime and I can bring anything.
Post a Comment